Week 5 – Discussion Forum 1 MGT440: The Dark Side of Leadership (BIG2040A) ASHFORD UNIVERSITY
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Refer to the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric under the Settings icon above for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
|Life in the Combat Zone: Working at Amazon [WLOs: 1, 2] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4]|
Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, read Chapter 10 of your Meeting the Ethical Challenges of Leadership: Casting Light or Shadow course text.
This discussion forum focuses on analyzing Case Study 10.2 (Life in the Combat Zone) from your textbook. In at least one paragraph, supported by evidence from your text and from other research, respond to at least four of the six bullet points below:
- Do you buy products from Amazon? If so, describe what has been your experience as a customer.
- Explain if you will continue to purchase from Amazon, knowing its corporate culture.
- Discuss if you would want to work for Amazon. Why or why not?
- Hypothesize if Amazon would be as successful if it changed its culture to be less driven and combative?
- Explain if “Purposeful Darwinism” is an ethical approach to hiring and promotion.
- Describe any ethical danger signs or weaknesses you see at Amazon.
Review several of your peers’ posts, responding to at least two of them by the end of Day 7 (Monday). Respond substantively to at least two classmates throughout the week, suggesting aspects that they may have overlooked. You are encouraged to post your required replies earlier in the week to promote more meaningful and interactive discourse in this discussion forum. Continue to monitor the discussion forum until 11:59 p.m. on Day 7 and respond robustly to anyone who replies to your initial post.