Week 3 – Discussion Forum 2 MGT440: The Dark Side of Leadership (BIG2040A) ASHFORD UNIVERSITY
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Refer to the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric under the Settings icon above for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
|A New Mission for Ferryport College [WLO: 1] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4]|
Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, review Chapter 8 of your Meeting the Ethical Challenges of Leadership: Casting Light or Shadow course text.
This discussion forum focuses on analyzing Case Study 8.1 (A New Mission for Ferryport College) from your textbook.
In at least one paragraph, supported by evidence from your text and from other research, respond to at least three of the seven bullet points below:
- Describe if Hughes is a transformational or pseudo-transformational leader.
- Was it ethical to downplay the college’s mission in order to attract more students?
- Explain if colleges operate more like businesses.
- By recruiting business donors, did Hughes sell out the vision and values of the school?
- Should Ferryport change its vision statement? Why or why not?
- Is there any way to ensure Ferryport’s financial future without further altering its culture? If so, how?
- If you were a faculty member, would you support a no-confidence vote? If you were on the board of trustees, how would you respond to such a vote?
Review several of your peers’ posts, responding to at least two of them by the end of Day 7 (Monday). Respond substantively to at least two classmates throughout the week, suggesting aspects that they may have overlooked. You are encouraged to post your required replies earlier in the week to promote more meaningful and interactive discourse in this discussion forum. Continue to monitor the discussion forum until 11:59 p.m. on Day 7 and respond robustly to anyone who replies to your initial post.