Week 2 – Discussion Forum 2 MGT440: The Dark Side of Leadership (BIG2040A) ASHFORD UNIVERSITY
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Refer to the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric under the Settings icon above for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
|Poisoning Flint, Michigan [WLOs: 3, 4] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5]|
Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, read Chapter 4 of your Meeting the Ethical Challenges of Leadership: Casting Light or Shadow course text.
This discussion forum focuses on analyzing Case Study 4.2 (Poisoning Flint, Michigan) from your textbook. In at least one paragraph, supported by evidence in your text and from other research, respond to at least three of the five bullet points below.
- Explain if this is a case of administrative evil in action. Why or why not?
- Discuss if you think that the residents of Flint were treated differently because they are poor and African American.
- Describe how much blame the governor should accept for the crisis.
- Explain if governors should be able to appoint emergency managers who have the power to override the decisions of local elected officials.
- Describe what steps the state and federal government should take to repair the damage done to Flint and its residents, including children.
Guided Response: Respond to at least two of your peers’ discussion posts by the end of Day 7 (Monday). Respond substantively to at least two classmates throughout the week, suggesting aspects that they may have overlooked. You are encouraged to post your required replies earlier in the week to promote more meaningful and interactive discourse in this discussion forum. Continue to monitor the discussion forum until 11:59 p.m. on Day 7 and respond robustly to anyone who replies to your initial post.