research proposal specification – enhancing healthy eating among the elderly
Assignment Title: Research Project Specification
You are required to conduct a research project according to your interest. The project should
reflect a business-related issue of your choosing. The report should showcase your
understanding of the business research process, ranging from formulating appropriate
research, questions, objectives, designing proper research approach and method(s), to
adopting a suitable data analysis. To complete this project, you are required to submit a
1500-word Research Project Specification (20%). Then, you are required to submit a 5000-
word final report project, which contributes towards 80% of the overall module mark.
Throughout the report, you are expected to demonstrate your critical analysis of a relevant
body of literature, secondary data, and your primary data. The arguments developed should
be cohesive throughout the whole report and should demonstrate the depth of your
knowledge in the topic.
Please review the feedback from the research proposal in the Research Methods.
The Research Project Specification report must contain the following sections:
1. Cover page + Research Title
2. Research Rationale
3. Research Aim: one sentence addresses the overall research purpose
4. Research Question: one question is enough
5. Research Objectives: 1-3 objectives. The objectives must reflect on the research question.
On the other hand, how do you solve the research question? The research objective is
neither the layout of the research project nor contribution or recommendation for this
6. Literature Review: Summary of the literature review (revise it from previous research
proposal, including the research hypotheses or assumptions if any.
7. Research Methodology: This is the crucial part of this report, including
a. Research approach: the reason for using either qualitative or quantitative
b. Research design: type of the questionnaire, sampling, data collection method, data
analysis method, the respondents (who will answer your questions).
8. A table of time schedules to complete the entire of the research project.
10. Appendix: A copy of the research ethics approval form and/or consent form.
➢ The assignment will be judged by the quality of the work, which is expected to meet the
academic standards of level six.
➢ Work should be referenced in the Harvard style, where appropriate.
➢ References will be a Harvard style within the text and listed alphabetically, on a new
page, at the end of the assignment using the heading ‘References’. You should NOT
contain references you have not used in the text. Page numbers of references MUST be
included where the text is within quotation marks.
➢ References from ACADEMIC research papers from online journals (NO INTERNET
SOURCES like Wikipedia or personal social media/blogs). Some online sources – e.g.
government policy documents, which are usually only available that way – are perfectly
acceptable) are expected to illustrate your examples. Do not use the lecture notes/slides
as an academic source.
➢ You must be careful to avoid plagiarism.
➢ Total word count in this academic report is 1,500 words (+/- 10% allowance acceptable),
and the total word count figure must be recorded on the cover page of the assignment.
Word count does NOT apply to any references or appendices.
➢ You must apply any theoretical models to the research project if using.
➢ All figures and tables must be explained if used.
THE REPORT FORMAT SHOULD BE:
• Use headings and subheadings (number them)
• 1.5 spacing for the text and single spacing for the list of references
• Arial or Times New Roman,12-point font
• 2.5 cm (or 1 inch) margins on all sides in an A4 paper
• Use ‘justified’ alignment margin
• UK English language
• Number the pages
• Save as a Microsoft Word Document