Please make sure you follow the question for each reflection and answer them, its not an essay it’s a 4 different reflection piece thank you
Reflection piece 1 1000 words and 5 journal articles
Module 1 – Teamwork (understanding the roles of individual members in the OR)
In this module, teamwork is the topic that is considered in the context of the perioperative nurse and their role in surgery. Teamwork is crucial in surgery and a high performing team has:
- clearly defined leadership roles, particularly in critical situations;
- a leadership style that minimises status and power differences;
- a style appropriate to the particular situation;
- leaders who continuously solicit input from team members and engage in team-based decision making;
- leaders who are flexible enough to modify their approach and objectives as new conditions change (Royal College of Surgeons, 2014).
Based on what you have explored in Module 1 about teamwork, communication and the role of the perioperative nurse, discuss the scenario below and explore how teamwork and effective communication is crucial to the successful outcome for the patient undergoing surgery.
the tense atmosphere continued throughout the day as the team continued to work together on surgical procedures of varying degrees of complexity. When performing routine surgical procedures good communication was typically observed. When very complex surgery was performed, communication was often poor, inaccurate, or even absent.