(SOLVED)) PSY302: Industrial/Organizational Psychology (PSH2045A) Week 3 – Discussion Forum
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Refer to the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric under the Settings icon above for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
|Developing Training Protocols [WLOs: 2, 4] [CLOs: 2, 4, 5]|
Prior to beginning this activity, read Chapter 5 in the course text and the article Identifying and Training Adaptive Cross-cultural Management Skills: The Crucial Role of Cultural Metacognition. In addition, watch the videos Workplace relationships: Playing your part and Diversity in the workplace: Playing your part and review the weekly Instructor Guidance and any supporting information in the announcements.
To complete this discussion:
Consider a career position you have held or would like to hold. Based on our content,
- Perform a task analysis for this position, by making notes about all skills and knowledge that would be required. In the posting, identify the position and outline what the duties are for this position.
- Analyze key diversity elements that should be addressed in a training for this position.
- Would cross-cultural/diversity training be needed to have increased success in this position?
- Does the position require an understanding of global cultures?
- Does the position require serving customers who may have diverse cultures and backgrounds?
- Is a strong personal development of cultural metacognition required for the position?
- Identify at least 3 specific areas associated with the position that would be important to address in a training about diversity awareness.
- Apply this information to your own abilities in this position. What areas do you believe you could develop to have increased success?
Your initial post should be between 300 and 350 words. You must use at least one outside source (a peer-reviewed journal article, newspaper article, or other reputable source) in addition to your text. Cite all information from your sources according to APA guidelines as outlined in the APA Citing Within Your Papers (Links to an external site.) resource. List each of your sources at the end of your posting according to APA style as shown in the sample page for APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource.
Guided Peer Responses: Review several of your classmates’ posts. Respond substantively to at least two of your peers.
- Share your own experiences with diversity training with your peer.
- Do you have an additional perspective on how diversity training could be beneficial in the position your peer identified?
- Share variables about a task analysis that you think would be important to successful training development.
Instructor Responses: Review any instructor feedback on your postings. Often feedback is shared to help you to elevate your level of critical thought or make corrections. Reply based on this feedback to advance your understanding of the content addressed.
In addition, observe the following guidelines for all responses:
- Remember that discussion forums should be conversations; dialogue is encouraged throughout the course.
- Provide a courteous and interactive learning environment.
- Continue to monitor this discussion through 5:00 p.m. (Mountain Time) on Day 7 of the week and reply to anyone (instructor or classmate) who has chosen to respond to your original post.
- Your grade will reflect the quality of your initial post, the depth of your peer replies, and your active support of forum dialogue.
- Your responses should demonstrate that you have read the existing replies on the board. (In your response, mention information and viewpoints already expressed by existing responses to the same post.)
- Before you submit your discussion, you are encouraged to use Grammarly to review a rough draft of your discussion posting. Then, carefully review all issues identified by Grammarly and revise your work as needed.