Healthy eating and sports assignment help
A well-balanced should be able to meet an athlete’s nutritional needs. It should provide enough proteins for muscle building and repair, carbohydrates to provide energy as well as vitamins and mineral needs.
Healthy eating and sports assignment help
Good nutrition, an active lifestyle, and an exercise routine can help enhance performance. A well-balanced diet helps to provide the energy required by the body for sporting activity and it should include calories, vitamins, fluids, proteins, carbohydrates, and minerals. An athlete who is more likely to get tired and perform poorly is likely to not get enough of all these nutrients.
Building healthy eating habits
Building healthy eating habits include:
- Eating a variety of vegetables especially red, orange, and dark green leafy vegetables of three or more servings a day.
- Ensuring you eat whole grains beans, whole-grain high-fiber bread, and cereals of three to six servings a day.
- Making sure that you consume a wide range of fruits of two or more servings a day
- Trying to reduce or eliminate refined or highly processed carbohydrates: most of the grains in your diet should be whole grains.
- Ensuring that you drink low-fat milk products
- Reducing the intake of saturated fats and also trans-fats which include partially hydrogenated oil as much as you can.
- Make sure to choose a variety of low-fat sources of protein which include eggs, poultry without skin, seafood, beans, unsalted nuts, seeds and soy seeds, and lean meats. In case you want to eat meat, choose white meat at least four times more than red meat.
- Ensure you cook with vegetable oils like olive or canola oil instead of solid fats.
- You need to reduce your daily intake of salt, if possible, reduce it to less than 1,500mg per day if you are above 50 years of age or you have diabetes, hypertension, or kidney disease.
- You need to restrict or eliminate junk foods which are foods that contain refined white flour, added sugars, solid fats or contain a lot of salt.
- Eliminating or restricting sodas and other sugar-added drinks that are a bit high in calories while containing few or no nutrients.
- Drink your alcohol in moderation or drink only when it does not put you or anyone else at risk.
the daily training diet requirements for sports
The ideal diet for athletes is not very different from the one for healthy people. The amount of each food group needed by athletes depends on the type of sports they are engaging in, the duration of working out, and the amount of training they do. The basic training diet should be able to:
- Promote both short-term and long-term energy for athletes
- Should be able to increase adaptation and recovery between training sessions.
- Include a wide variety of foods like lean meats, low-fat dairy products, whole grain bread, vegetables, fruits, dark green leafy vegetables, and water to enhance long-term and short-term nutrition habits
- Provide enough hydration to endure the athlete is well hydrated before, during, and after a workout.
- Be able to provide nutrients and energy to meet daily training and workout demands.
What are the benefits of sports nutrition?
The benefits of sports nutrition include:
- Good nutrition reduces the potential for injury
- It helps to delay the onset of fatigue
- It helps to improve focus and concentration during a workout
- Good nutrition provides the right nutrition hence preparing the body for the next day’s workout
- It improves the body composition and physic
- It helps athletes to train harder for longer periods
- Proper diet combined with regular exercise helps to maintain a healthy immune system.
Reach out to us if you need help writing healthy eating and sports assignment.
the role of carbohydrates in nutrition for sports
Carbohydrates provide the energy needed to provide energy during exercise and are mostly stored in the muscles and the liver in the form of glycogen. During digestion, carbohydrates are normally broken down in to sugars(glucose) which is the basic source of energy in the body.
The glucose is then converted into glycogen and stored in the muscles and the liver. Glycogen becomes the key source of energy and fuel the body during exercise. The role of carbohydrates in the body includes:
- Carbohydrates serve as the fuel for the brain and the muscles- carbohydrates are the main source of energy in the body. They act as fuel ensuring for both the brain and the muscles by providing energy for exercise.
- Carbohydrates provide energy that helps to prevent muscle breakdown- consuming enough carbohydrates helps the proteins to do their job of repairing and rebuilding muscles. In cases where carbohydrates get depleted in the body, proteins provide energy and are used to rebuild lean muscles. The combination of carbohydrates together with proteins helps in recovery after a workout.
- The majority of the diet should be made up of carbohydrates- for athletes, a diet high in carbohydrates is needed to provide daily energy for working out. Since the energy needs vary depending on the kind of sports they engage in, carbohydrates always make up for the majority of the calories.
- Consuming carbohydrates before work out helps to boost performance-consuming carbohydrates an hour or two before work out helps to maintain optimal levels of blood sugar in the muscles. Pre-workout snacks that are easily digested like bananas, granola, and English muffin with jam.
- Carbohydrates enhance recovery- consuming carbohydrates after exercise helps in replacing the energy that has been used up during a workout. The muscles need a combination of proteins and carbohydrates to recover well.
the role of proteins in nutrition for sports
Athletes need to consume proteins incorrect amounts to enhance muscle growth and repair. Proteins also provide energy when carbohydrates in the body have been used up. Proteins are made up of long chains of amino acids which help in the repair of body tissues. Since our bodies cannot produce amino acids, we get them from foods such as proteins.
The following are the benefits of proteins in the body:
- Proteins help the athletes to feel full for longer- consuming the right portions of proteins before working out helps athletes to feel full for a longer period as compared to carbohydrates and fats. To minimize unhealthy snacking, athletes need to consume snacks that are higher in proteins.
- Proteins help in boosting metabolism- proteins help in promoting satiety as well as increasing metabolism which helps in burning calories more efficiently. When proteins are consumed throughout the day help in maintaining body mass. Having enough body mass helps in the maintenance of metabolism.
- Proteins help with muscle building and repair- consuming proteins help in muscle break down and also in the building of muscles. Combining proteins with regular exercise helps in the building of muscles. High-quality muscles like animal proteins which include eggs, beef, fish, poultry, and dairy products play a major role in muscle building. Protein shakes too are convenient and useful for athletes who are on the go.
- Proteins help in the formation of body tissues such as tendons, and ligaments and also in the formation of the structure of vital organs.
- It helps in the proper distribution of nutrients for performing sports. Such nutrients include oxygen and glucose. Proteins help these nutrients reach where they are needed the most especially in the muscles.
- Helps to repair muscles that have been damaged by muscles.
Reach out to us if you need help writing healthy eating and sports assignment.
the role of fluids in nutrition for sports
Water is the most important nutrient for athletes. Fluids and water are very important in keeping the body hydrated and within the correct temperature range. Water helps to replace the water lost through sweat as a result of a workout. The benefits of water and fluids in the body include:
- Water helps to provide mental clarity and activity
- It helps in maintaining and regulating body temperature through sweat
- Water aids in the transportation of nutrients and elimination of waste from the body
- Water helps in facilitating digestion
- Fluids help in enhancing the immune system by producing mucus
- Water helps in maintaining blood volume
- Water improves the joints hence enhancing movements
- Staying hydrated helps to increase energy
- Fluids and water help in recovery and agility
What are the pre-exercise foods to eat before going for workouts?
A pre-event meal is an important part of an athlete’s preparation. Consuming a meal that is high in carbohydrates2 to 3 hours before working out helps to boost performance. A meal high in protein consumed just before exercise is likely to cause stomach discomfort during a workout.
Examples of a pre-event meal include cereal and low-fat milk, muffins, fruits salad, pasta, low-fat rice with ice cream, yogurt, etc.
What do athletes need to eat during a workout to replenish energy?
After one hour of workouts, athletes need to take carbohydrates to replace blood glucose levels and to delay fatigue. They need to consume lollies, sports gels, sandwiches with white bread, sports bars, and low-fat muesli. It is important to consume a good amount of carbohydrates before working out and then keep taking regular amounts throughout the exercise.
Snacks to avoid before workout
Some foods if taken just before working out may cause stomach discomfort. Such foods include:
- French fries or chips
- Full-fat cheese
- Raw vegetables
- Large amounts of fats
- Raw nuts and seed
- High-fibre cereals
What to consume after exercise?
After exercise, it is important to replace glycogen lost during exercise. Carbohydrates and fluids need to be consumed within one or two hours after exercise. Carbohydrate sources for refueling the body include sandwiches, pasta, muffins, fruits, yogurt, sports juices and drinks, low-fat milk, etc.
Reach out to us at acemywork.com if you need help writing healthy eating and sports assignment
the role of supplements in improving sporting performance
There are benefits of consuming supplements and it is important too, first of all, get guidance from your healthcare provider or gym trainers to gain maximum benefits. Supplements come in soft gels, capsules, tablets, minerals, vitamins, herbs, natural food, etc. Some of the benefits of consuming supplements include:
- Supplements help in enhancing endurance
- Sports supplements are good for muscle growth
- Helps in reducing fatigue
- They help in reducing soreness in muscles
- Are powerful antioxidants that get rid of free radicals in the body.
A well-balanced diet can meet all vitamins and mineral requirements. Supplements should only be of use when your daily intake of nutrients is not sufficient. Over-use of vitamins and minerals can be dangerous; therefore, it is important to consult your healthcare provider before consuming supplements.
Importance of nutrition in sporting performance
There are many general benefits to a good diet. However, there are 3 main purposes a nutrition plan needs to fulfill about sports performance:
- Provides energy for training and competition- how calories are consumed determines athletes meet their daily caloric demands. When crafting an optimal diet, micronutrients, macronutrients, hydration, ratios, meal timing, and frequency and supplementation should be put into consideration.
- Helps to achieve and maintain optimal body weight and composition- athletes need to achieve optimal body weight and body fat levels. a diet plan also needs to be planned in a way an athlete can adhere to in the long run.
- After intense training, glycogen in the muscles gets depleted. Protein in the muscles gets broken down and damaged. By eating soon after exercise, glycogen stores get replenished which prevents muscle breakdown and accelerates recovery
Reach out to us at acemywork.com if you need help writing healthy eating and sports assignment.
Importance of sports on general health
Sports not only give you an interesting routine but also a healthy weight. Indulging in physical activities like sports improves heart function, reduces the risk of diabetes, and lowers tension and stress levels. other benefits of sporting activities include:
- Weight control- being overweight increases the risk of hypertension and heart diseases. Engaging in sports or any other physical activity is the best way to get rid of obesity. These intense physical activities burn extra calories more quickly and efficiently. Obesity is caused by extra fat in the body which can be burned during exercise to give you the ideal body shape.
- Lower cholesterol levels- engaging in sports helps in lowering cholesterol levels in the body hence controlling cholesterol levels in the body. People who engage in sports have lower cholesterol levels compared to those who have a sedentary lifestyle.
- Lowers hypertension- hypertension can cause stroke and other health diseases. Regular physical exercise can help to keep your blood pressure within the normal range, thus taking part in sports can be the remedy for high blood pressure. Doctors recommend that patients with high blood pressure engage in regular exercise.
- Improves blood circulation- playing sports improves circulation. By engaging in running or taking part in sports, the body remains well-oxygenated which helps you to stay healthy and active. Being active also helps in increasing blood volume and hemoglobin count. During exercise, the heart pumps faster and an extra load is put on heart muscles. This extra load then strengthens your heart muscles hence improving the overall flow of blood. Working out also helps to increase the mitochondrial count in the fibers of the muscles. The heart works better which results in a better heart pumping rate.
- strengthens immunity- regular exercise strengthens immunity helping the body to become immune to diseases. Exercise increases the rate of flow of white blood cells. As you sweat while exercising, toxins are excreted from your body while the rise of your body temperature lowers the chances of bacterial growth.
- Stronger bones- taking part in sports strengthens the bones. During sports, a lot of stress and pressure is put on the bones with high power and strength movements which helps to increase bone density. Running while playing puts an extra load on the bones. As, the loaded stress they adapt and strain to withstand the pressure, they become denser. As you continue exercising regularly, the bones become denser and stronger.
- Muscle training- playing sports is a way of having a proper muscle workout. Sports help one to achieve strong and toned muscles. This also helps in training the muscles to work together. This is also known as neuromuscular. Playing sports helps in gaining lean muscle mass and helps to burn fat at the same time. To be able to gain lean muscles, you need to engage in a sport that involves the movement of most of the muscles.
- Stronger mind- sports bring a positive attitude to your mind hence making your mind sharper and stronger. Sports refresh the mind. Being active in sports makes you feel good and accomplished and also helps to boost self-esteem which also boosts your strategy-making ability. Sporting also helps in quick decision-making. Sports can also teach you how to stay calm and think with a peaceful mind which also helps in lowering stress levels.
Athletes need to carefully evaluate their pre/post sports and physical activity diet. They should also need to compose a proper regimen of proper sports nutrition which should include proper amounts of carbohydrates to provide energy, proteins to build and repair muscles, and water to keep the body hydrated. Learning and adapting proper sports nutrition, can help to avoid the risk of possible injuries and health problems.
Contact us at acemywork.com if you need help writing healthy eating and sports assignment. We have a team of professionals who are experts in writing healthy eating and sports assignment.
Click to Order
Healthy eating and sports assignment help